CANTON, Ohio – A Canton man is facing a slew of charges after he allegedly smoked marijuana, cooked some food and then fell asleep while his meal caught fire — all while children were left unattended in the home on Tuesday.
Tyrone Vincent Zerby, 30, of Crown Place Northwest, Canton, was charged with four counts of endangering children, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance.
Zerby was taken into custody after Canton firefighters responded to the residence for a smoke alarm. Police said the children were left unsupervised while the food smoldered on the stove. One of the kids was found asleep on a couch next to a water bong and a safe that contained several bags of marijuana.
Zerby was taken to the Stark County Jail and held in lieu of a $1,000 bond.
By: Drew Scofield, News 5 Cleveland